Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lazarou fireplaces

Continuing my Thermorossi saga, it is time to talk about the local distributor of Thermorossi, Lazarou fireplaces (www.tzakialazarou.gr).

About ten days ago I had a long phone call with a representative of theirs. I reminded her that:

a) After the problem with the remote control manifested, I sent it to them for repair (leaving me without a means to use my insert) and they did not fix it.
b) They tested it with normal, not rechargeable batteries (even though it is clearly labeled "rechargeable only") and they decided that it was OK and that the batteries where the problem.
c) They admitted that they did not try to test if it charges using rechargeable batteries (although I clearly stated that that was the problem), nor did they replace the "faulty" batteries.
d) When I received the remote, almost three weeks later, it wouldn't charge with the old or new rechargeable batteries that I purchased.

So I demanded an advance replacement unit, as a reciprocation for their failure. But no, they wouldn't agree. Even though they admitted that they did not do their job properly, they demanded that I again send them the remote, so that they could forward it to Italy for checking. So that I would remain without a remote for at least a month more. Meanwhile the winter was weaning off and I could not use the fireplace.

Since then no communication whatsoever.
 It is clear that these people, Lazarou Fireplaces, are not  better than Thermorossi itself. They place procedure and themselves above their customers and they don't care about them.

Be advised. Do not buy from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment